Missing Captions

How to Complain About Bad or Missing Captions

With the change to high definition broadcasts in 2009 and changes to the Federal Communications Commission’s complaint procedure in early 2010, it is a good time to review the process for complaining about caption quality.

You can complain directly to the Federal Communications Commission by visiting FCC.gov and clicking on “File Complaint”.  Select “Disability Access to Communications Services and Equipment” and submit your complaint directly to the FCC through their online form. If you would prefer, there are guidelines to fax and mail your complaint to the FCC as well on the site.